Student Residency Service


Welcome to the Office of Students Affairs (OSA) division of Student Residency Advisory Service. We specialize in assisting Students with the initial application for and renewal process for Maltese Temporary Residence Permits (TRP) on the basis of their studies in order to reside legally in Malta.

The Temporary Residence Application Process in 3 Easy Steps!

Step 1

Kindly fill in and sign the AUM Document Request Form (DRF) and submit same via email to: 

Once your DRF has been approved, the Office of Student Affairs (OSA), The Finance Office & the Registrar will assist you with your request.

Step 2

Upload and pay for your TRP application online using your AUM email account (not your personal email address) to Identity Malta.

Step 3

Await for a reply from Identity Malta and regularly check the progress of your TRP application via your Identity Malta account in the online portal.

    Important TRP Information

    For important and detailed information about how to apply or renew a Maltese Student Temporary Resident Permit (TRP) online, please click on the link below:


      Your TRP & Employment in Malta

      Students who do not qualify under the provisions of Subsidiary Legislation 217.22, and are following courses which exceed 90 days, may take up employment in Malta. Access  to employment may be granted subject to conditions imposed by Jobsplus, including those sectors where these students would be allowed to work. Students will only be allowed to work a maximum of 20 hours per week after their first three months of study in Malta. These provisions are subject to change from time to time according to the discretion of the Ministry responsible for Jobsplus.

      TCNs pursuing a full-time course leading to a higher education qualification recognised by MQRIC may take up employment for a maximum period of 20 hours per week, starting from their first year of study. In such instances, the student may apply for a work permit upon the issuance a residence permit, which will include specific reference to S.L. 217.22.   It must also be noted that an application for a work permit will be considered more favourable if the employment offer is related to the student’s chosen area of studies.


        Contact the Office of Student Affairs

        Web-Dave-270x270_c aum

        David O’Shaughnessy

        Director of Student Affairs

        For further information pertaining to Student Residency Services, kindly contact the Office of Student Affairs team.