Malta Study Visa Requirements

Visa to Enter Malta

Students who are not under the Visa waiver program to visit Malta will need to apply for a Visa to enter Malta.


Find out if you need a visa to enter Malta

Visa Requirements

In addition to the visa application form, a valid travel document and two (2) passport-size photographs, applicants need to produce the following documentation:

Proof of funds
  • Cash in convertible currency
  • Traveler’s checks
  • Check books for a foreign currency account
  • Credit cards
  • Any other means that guarantees funds in hard currency
  • The level of means of subsistence shall be proportionate to the length and purpose of the stay, and to the amount of € 48 per day.
Health Insurance

A valid individual or group Travel Medical Insurance to cover any expenses which might arise in connection with repatriation for medical reasons, urgent medical attention and/or emergency hospital treatment. The insurance must be valid throughout the Schengen Member States and cover the entire period of the person’s stay.

The minimum coverage is of € 30,000.


Hotel reservation or reservation for a similar establishment.

Documents proving the existence of a lease or a title deed, in the applicant’s name, to a property situated in the country to be visited.

Where a third-country national states that he/she shall stay at a person’s home or in an institution, the applicant must present a written declaration (Declaration of Proof) by the host which  vouches for the host’s commitment to accommodate.  The diplomatic mission and consular posts will verify such declarations, where such checks are necessary.

Certificate which vouches for the commitment to accommodate, in the form of a harmonized form filled in by the host/institution and stamped by the competent authority in  Malta, according to the provisions laid down in its national legislation.

Temporary Residence Permit (TRP)

The Student Residency Advisory Service is a division of the Office of the Student Affairs (OSA). Our expertise lies in guiding students through the application and renewal process for a Maltese Temporary Residence Permit (TRP) which may be tied to their studies, ensuring their lawful and comfortable residence in Malta. Kindly note, EU students do not have to apply for or hold a Maltese residency card. 

At AUM, we’re here to make your stay in Malta seamless and legally sound. Choose our Student Residency Service for a smooth transition to your new academic adventure. For further information kindly see here: 

Contact the Admissions & Recruitment Office

Ola-Tina-scaled-270x270_c (1) aum

Charif Massine

Admissions & Recruitment Officer

Ola-Tina-scaled-270x270_c (1) aum

Nada Charaf

Admissions & Recruitment Officer

If you have any questions about the admissions process, make sure to contact our admissions team.